If you are arrested, jail comes next. Being behind bars is the last experience anyone wants or expects, but it can and does happen to people every single day. Prepare yourself for the what ifs in life and know what to do if you are arrested.
|Chuck Brown II Bail Bonds|
|342 S High St, Columbus|
|OH 43215, United States|
|Phone: +1 855-566-3170|
- Do Not Resist: Under no circumstance do you have the right to resist arrest, even if you think that you are innocent. You have time to plea your case in court and resisting makes matters much worse. Just don’t do it.
- Do Not Consent to Search: If you give permission for a search, anything found can be used against you. You do not have to give permission for a search, despite what many people think.
- You Have the Right to Remain Silent: Now is the time to invoke the right to remain silent. Police officers and others will use what you say against you and that may lead to a prosecution in court. Stay silent and quiet and everyone benefits.
- Make a Bond: You will go before a judge or magistrate within 24-hours of arrest who then sets a bond amount. You can pay this amount directly to the courts or to a bonding agent like Chuck Brown Bail Bonds II via bailbonds cleveland to get out of jail.
- Talk to a Lawyer: It is true that not every criminal charge needs the service a lawyer offers, but most do. It is a good idea to talk to a lawyer about the case. He has your best interests in mind and can ensure the best outcome in the case.
Getting arrested is pretty scary, especially for a first-timer. Keep the above information in mind should this situation occur and you can get through it safely and without any unnecessary hassles.Read more